Microsoft Office 2010 is a productivity suite which integrates office tools for personal and professional use.
It includes a wide range of basic and advanced features that can help you to perform any task in a fast, efficient and productive way. Microsoft Office 2010 has come with renovated and new features for all the applications included in this package. Among Word, PowerPoint and Excel this pack integrates some other utilities such as Outlook, Access, Publisher or OneNote.
All the programs come with a renovated ribbon interface and a backstage view which are particularly of this version. However, one of the most interesting features of Microsoft Office 2010 is the online live collaboration feature, which allows the different users to work on the same document simultaneously.
Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Word lets you to manage and work with different document formats and enables to create PDF files. Besides that, you can now make and track comments in documents, as well as use their new text and image editing effects.
PowerPoint has experienced a great change on its presentation creation with new animations and transitions. Excel has experienced the least dramatic change but gives you the possibility of processing and visualizing the data of your spreadsheet editor faster.
Outlook, Access, Publisher or OneNote
The email client Outlook has not experienced a dramatic makeover either. However, it has tried to simplify the process and integrate some quick steps to make its use faster and more effective. The database manager Access also integrates some improvements to gather and manage the data which is being tracked by their users.
Publisher is a desktop publishing software which is able to create any marketing material. It comes with online photo printing options and is also able to produce web publications. OneNote allows you to embed multiple contents such as spreadsheets, multimedia files or diagrams in your notes.
Microsoft Office 2010 Features
The main features of Microsoft Office 2010 are the following:
- Create visual impact with enhanced picture and media editing features
- New backstage view which replaces the traditional File menu: centralized access to save, print, share and publish buttons
- New Paste button with live preview: visualize the different paste options before pasting
- New visualization tools in Excel: Sparklines (include a visual summary of your analysis) and Slicer (filter data in a PivotTable or PivotChart and display the significant details)
- New co-authoring capabilities: work with your files simultaneously with other people
- Broadcast Slide Show feature which allows you to instantly broadcast your live PowerPoint presentations
- Enhanced Conversation View and conversation management tools in Outlook: it removes redundant messages and ignores email discussions
- Improved navigation and search tools in OneNote: you can take notes while working in PowerPoint or Word
For further information about this software, please visit the .
Another alternative to Microsoft Office 2010
If you are looking for a suite with the same kind of functionalities but without any limitation of time, there are similar programs as OpenOffice or LibreOffice, that are the most complete free alternative to this office suite and provide the user basic and advanced features for their daily tasks.
Although there are many people who only use a couple of applications of this complete office suite, thanks to Microsoft Office 2010 you can get an all-in-one solution for your daily tasks.
- Multiple applications
- Huge variety of tools
- Advanced features
- Live collaboration tool
- You may not use all its applications